Whether you like him or you hate him, we all know who Tom Brady is. Quarterback on the New England Patriots NFL team, 38 years old, and 6 foot 4. We also know he's one of the best quarterbacks of all time. And if you are wondering why, this is the reason.
Tom Brady has a very strict diet. He is vegan, doesn't eat tomatoes, and never eats mushrooms. His personal chef, Allen Campbell, is the one who makes their food, custom for Tom Brady and his family.
Campbell focuses on lots of vegetables, and never buys food with GMOs, (genetically modified organisms). He always buys local and organic, so he knows where the food he is serving comes from. He believes that a plant based diet is the way to stay healthy, and prevent disease.
Campbell serves 80% vegetables, that are always fresh, and always organic. Whole grains include brown rice, quinoa, millet, and beans. The other 20% is lean meat: grass-fed organic steak, duck, chicken, and wild salmon.
What Campbell doesn't use is white sugar, white flour, no MSG, no canola oil, or iodized salt. Tom doesn't eat nightshades, tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, or eggplants. Campbell says they cause inflammation. No coffee, caffeine, no fungus or dairy.
He also prepares food according to the season. In the winter, he'll cook more red meat, soups, and root vegetables. In summer, he cooks lighter, with raw lasagna and more salads.
Campbell shops at Whole Foods, meats from the Butcher Shop in the South End, and he goes to farmer markets on Sundays. Campbell prefers food that is organic, and fresh, with no GMOs or any other surprise that is potentially damaging to Brady's health.
All of these cooking styles and ways are a part of what makes Tom Brady the football player we know today. Simply eating healthy can make anybody do better at what they do. Choose healthy.
By Abby Z :)
April and May updates: